Thursday, January 27, 2005

My Mother....

has the smallest eyes! I'm serious...all my friends know this is true.

I miss her food, those gastronomic delights she presents after whizzing about in the kitchen. I miss her laughter, the gap in her teeth, her quirky humour, how she wears her sarong tied up to her chest to keep cool. I miss the way she smells, while she waits for the laundry to dry, she smells like damp soapy water-soaked clothes. I miss our 11am-1pm slots on the television, while we watch eagerly the cooking shows- discussing trying them out, with me, my head on her lap, and her hands gently stroking my hair. I am still my mother's little girl, I miss her rare and awkward smiles, her stuggling with bags of shopping-not giving up, and for a not so tall woman, walks with small quick steps. My mother, the woman with the clever hands, the supermother, the fast-talking chilli padi.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home