Monday, December 13, 2004

Getting To Know You...

Progress; coming home last Saturday after such a chaotic day at work, came home to find my Greek housemate, Cecily, hanging around in the kitchen. We started chatting, and I sincerely feel like this decision I made to move in with strangers was totally the right one! We chatted non-stop, about everything, and she was cool with me hanging out in her room and watching tv. She's gone home yesterday, till the 9th of January, so it'll be a month till I see her again, and then we can start carrying out our little plan of decorating the house! In the meanwhile, she lets me use her room for tv and the phone, which is a landline that I will be sharing with her. She's such a sweet person, although very unassuming, and often, sounding very dead-pan, she's more sincere than most of the chattier people I've met! Mike, the guy who lives next to my room, I bugged yesterday to help me set up my furniture, and he was such a big help, though I had to do it mostly by myself, but he let me use his room, which was bigger, hence, more space to move around, and helped me with bits I couldn't manage, while commenting about the crap that was on tv. They're both a bit more on the quiet side, but funny, when they do talk...I'm glad I live there.
So far, so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home