Tuesday, August 26, 2003

It's Different Now

Time is not on my side. It's only *THREE* more weeks before I leave for London. It's been a hectic race to meet people and spend more time with the people who mean a lot to me. So many people, so little time...

Tomorrow's my last day at X:Odus (yes, it's finally the end..), and I really feel so sad that I've got to go. One of my bosses, Pheobe, gave me a little going away present- a purple velvet sketchbook, and that was really thoughtful and sweet, as I never expected to get anything from her at all (it was so well-wrapped as well!).

I've got two new colleagues, Dave and Yen,..but they're nothing like the others..maybe I've not gotten used to them, but I don't really have to, do I? The other new girl Ashley, was fired on the second day, coz she was not making sales,and besides, she wasn't much of a chatter. She's more like....an ice-queen. Dennis fired her just yesterday, and I heard that she cried for a whole 45 minutes. Talk about drama!..Anyway, I was on the phone in the toilet, and when I came out, there was a big hoo-hah going on outside- a big vase was smashed on the floor, as well as a decapitated mannequin, and there were a lot of spectators and security gaurds around. As I made my way back to level 1, I heard a girl shouting on the top of her lungs, and I was soooo worried it may just be my doomed-colleague. Was just worried that she had a mental condition and was looking for me to slit my throat after. I never found out. All I knew was, a girl was shoplifting-which was the sole reason for all the commotion. It's too much of a coincidental timing for comfort.Scary, huh?!!!

Been meeting up with a friend who works in town as well for lunch, and it's amazing how we've become friends from mere aquaintences. We should have talked to each other a lot earlier, but never had the chance. Sometimes, I feel, if I had the chance to start over, I'd know exactly what I'd do.

But all is different now. I'm leaving.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home