Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Shed My Skin And Be Somebody Else

I've realized: I was at a party just last Friday, and all I wanted to do, was be someone else. I don't feel as happy as the other people in the room, and there was no reason to be, when I am not in the same mental state as them (for they're filled with substances and less aware on the whole), or as sociable. I know, and I have been told, that I have to come to terms with this, but sometimes it is so hard, for other people to understand, no matter how hard you try to explain it to them. So I thought that this song was definately appropriate. I couldn't find a better way to say it, I know it seems very foolish to even think of such a bizzaire idea or concept, but it is befitting of what I feel, and sometimes I wish I *could* shed my skin and be somebody else. Someone more confident, perhaps someone more intruiging,someone who is a better conversationalist, and sometimes someone more intellectual. If only. How it would be so easy. There would be so many people I'd rather change places with. This is me, the sober spectator, this is me, feeling like I'm a failure.

Could I Be You- Matchbox 20

'Something is wrong with the sum of us
That I can't seem to erase
How can I be the only one
Without a smile on my face
Well now, you're laughing out loud
At just the thought of being alive
And I was wondering
Could I just be you tonight

You show your pain like it really hurts
And I can't even start to feel mine
Well, I'm standing in place
With my head first and I shake, I shake
I see your progress stretched out for miles and miles

You're laughing out loud
At just the thought of being alive, yeah
And I was wondering
Could I just be you tonight

This is the sound that I make
These are the words I chose
Somehow the right thing to say
Just won't come out'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home