Monday, November 15, 2004

There Goes my £1.

Yup, to Loot. Just to put an ad in the paper to advertise for my room. There wasn't much I could say, I was only allowed 100 letters and one picture.I just hope I get some good response soon. I'm so tired of all this worrying, I'm sure I'm gonna have massive wrinkles and lines by the time by birthday finally comes around...

So Halo's gone back to Bermuda for a few days,for a family emergency, and I need to give the downpayment for the house if I want it real soon. I don't know what's happening now, but I hate how everything is so fuzzy and unsure.

Had a small celebration of Hari Raya (Eid, as known to my friends here) last night, with my only two qualified 'family'- Luisa and Goncalo(I know this is weird, Portugueezers and Singy celebrating the end of Ramadan...what a joke), but we had fried rice and not much else. It was really nice being three again, and it felt, for at least once the whole week, a bit more sane.

I really am liking my job. Marta, Jo and Viqui, all Spanish, Yuko , Japanese, Nickolas (manager),english/polish, Tina and Dorothy, both Danish..yes, the whole list of who works with me.
They're really crazy people, and they sure know how to have fun on the job. I am so thankful that everything went all right in the end, and I didn't have to sacrifice my soul to Hobbs, for that would have been the end to my life. I look forward to weekend mornings in Covent Garden, before I head down to the Piazza where the shop is, and sit in my usual spot in front of the square and write or sketch, whichever I feel like. I do it weekly now, trying to make a good habit out of it, and so far, I haven't gone without. I'm glad that people that I work with, at least, do not feel the need to be superficial, unlike some people I know from school, and that they are genuinely supportive, like a family. The manager is having a play up this whole week at the Hen & Chicken Theatre, and we're probably going to go see it tomorrow.
We get to play our own music in the store as well, and yesterday all the girls brought their cd collection, so we took turns to play our stuff, and it's great, because all our taste we alike!They were saying that we should go hang out more often after work, and I'm sure it will be fun, since we talk mostly in the shop,and always have a laugh, so it should be good.

So then comes the bit about the other work- my project and the bit about how I'm quite stuck on it now....aaargh. And this morning, had PPD, whereby we had to do this exercise on editing a word document(*yawn), and go online to confirm our electives. So metalwork it is, then.I just hope I didn't accidentally click on something else above or below, knowing the klutz I am.
Won't that be a laugh, if I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home