Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tired Eyes

My eyes have been looking at this screen since I arrived in college at 11:30am. I have been researching my latest project- somehow spoon related and I'm just viewing the endless varieties there are in the world. I've missed one of my lessons today, and I've just rooted myself to the seat in the library, awaiting the golden hour of 6pm, when I can finally break my fast. Might make another batch of minestrone, I am so hungry for hearty hot homemade soup. And since nothing I found on the shelves of the supermarket have tempted me, I resort to my own abilites to satisfy my gastronomic craving.

I am not proud, I should be compiling my work, and doing somemore, but my body seems to be withering away with lethargy. The weather is driving me mad- warm/foggy/chilly/warm/cold/freezing/warm...you get the idea. Still recovering from my bouts of near-collapse and diahorrea, my will is weak as well(at least in terms of being in college doing work). One advantage is, I'm probably not as hungry as I should be. In about two weeks, all of this is over and I can eat myself into oblivion again, if my appetite should return to normal. *sigh.

Last Sunday, met Luisa for her first sushi experience and inspite of being really hungry, just two rolls of Inigiri Sushi and Agedashi Tofu managed to please my starving tummy. The weird thing was, we realized that we were both dressed in our black velvet jackets, very similar in design as well, so we must have looked like quite a pair! It is, Autumn...and I'm sure all those velvet jacket ladies of london will soon be joining us in our merry parade of jackets. Though, when it gets colder...I think it might be cast aside for the ol' faithful heavy long coats that I so loathe wearing...

London has always been a picture of foggy mornings and rain. Summer was nice and sunny in a very strange way. And now, it has finally returned to normal, with the dark dreary skies and showers, unfortunately.

velvet ladies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home