Friday, August 12, 2005

Comic Superhero

In between trying to fix the layout of my blog hopelessly, I am impossibly on Photoshop working on the Muffin Joe & Cupcake Katy comic strip(which Hector and I have been collaborating on) and replying to emails.

The comic is going okay, though some of the strips are not as funny as the others, whereby the others are a more subtle but otherwise usual cynical satirical humour. I am just undecided about the colours, but I'm sure the editing and resizing will take me awhile(they are all done on empty receipt paper from the till, imagine how small they actually are!). We are not churning out as many strips as we would like, but I guess we're sort of going through a dry period and considering this is supposed to be a hobby, we're certainly not rushing it. Plus, me not working during the week only gives me time during the weekends when I do go in...but heck, somedays we're just not feeling it(seems to be having lots of these lately)!

Although, I have achieved more today(I feel), having managed to do some sewing for the cover of my handmade sketch-book, which with the guidence of dear Cassie(she studies BA Bookarts) I have more or less come to completion. The cover turned out kind of horrid(thank god I haven't stuck it down yet)...so while I'm wrecking my brains with my comics, I am also thinking of a way to resolve my little aesthetic book problems. I might just chuck it and make a new cover before I stick it on...hmm....decisions, decisions, decisions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home