Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lazyday Bug

I've been having lots of lazydays recently. Not having to work during the week because they don't need the extra hand is putting me back to working just on weekends. Hey, I shouldn't complain, really. But the extra moolah is desperately needed, and hell, the only luxury I have is in cooking and food. Well, and now books, which I can read (the usual chicklit fiction- cmon, it's camberwell library, what did you expect???)

However, I did find a Jeanette Winterson book, having skimmed through the shelves of the library out of curiousity and boredom. Unfortunately(?), she is a lesbian writer, supposedly obsessed with affairs with married women. But that aside, the writing's beautiful. *sigh*...does that mean I'm crossing over to the other side..? I hope not!

So, anyway, I'd be starting to read her very first novel-'Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit' soon. I have 'The Powerbook' at home, a gem which I found in a charity shop, couldn't help but read over and over again. So I'm sure am trying to contain myself, I'm sure I'm in for a promising read!

Got to go home now, something sinister is going on again, and two people have already checked for my safety....gonna catch up on the news. I'm leaving you today with a quote from the woman herself. Enjoy.

"Love is the only thing stronger than desire and the only proper reason to resist temptation" - Jeanette winterson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home