Tuesday, July 12, 2005

For The People...

Who were worried about me last thursday, thank you for your concern, it's nice to know that people still care.
For those who didn't get in touch..well, I don't know what to say. To me, it says a lot..or maybe I'm just paranoid. ):

Anyways, life goes on, except that Central London has turned into a ghost-town,so it's pretty scary, still. Otherwise, everything is going back to normal.

Went to see the Frida Kahlo exhibition yesterday, with my friend, Cassie, and it turned out to be such a lovely afternoon, sunshine, good lunch,....nice walk by the river, and laughs.

The exhibition costed me £8, but it was worth it! There is an excerpt on one of the walls that particularly struck a chord with me, and I want to share...so here it is:

"A few days ago, I was a little girl who walked though a world of colours, of hard and tangible forms. Everything was mysterious and concealed something; I took pleasure in deciphering, in learning, as in a game. If only you knew how terrible it is suddenly to know everything, as if a flash of lightning lit up the earth. Now I live on a sorrowful planet, transparent as ice; but which conceals nothing, it's as if I had learned everything in seconds, all at once. My girlfriends, my companions have slowly become women, I grew up in a few instants and today everything is pliant and lucid. I know there is nothing behind, if there were I would see it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home