Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Wednesday- My First Brush With Theatre

Yes, last Wednesday was my first official theatre experience. It was good, considering that I didn't pay for the tickets, which were given to me by my housemate, Dominic, who works as a lighting engineer at the Lyceum Theatre which shows the Lion King. Went with Paolo and we had two extra tickets and since the other two housemates were not interested, I gave them to Hector and Melanie. The seats were pretty good, and Dominic even took us backstage to the make-up room,look at the costumes, the puppets and even showed us how the stage works! It was amazing,definately enriched my experience. It was an eye-opener, even though I knew the story from Disney, the live music and puppets were *wow*...ingenius creations?
It lasted all of three hours, and I am pretty impressed that even Paolo stayed seated throughout the whole thing. All in all, it was a good experience, and considering that the tickets normally cost £50 onwards, we saved a hell lot of moolah.

lionking

Melanie works at Snappy Snaps, and she had developed my three rolls of film from New York for half price...and that means a lot to me. They turned out better than I expected, and perhaps if I am able to use the scanner sometime tomorrow, I might post them up, if I don't forget...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home