Friday, March 11, 2005

Detesting Getting Up...

This morning and yesterday, I have been in a battle with my bed and getting up.I don't know why, but maybe because I know, for once in a long time, I can afford to, properly. So I lazed in bed till 12 or 1pm, drifting in and out of sleep,till my conscience gets the better of me. So today, I forced myself up at 12, had a shower, put my clothes in the wash, and cleaned up my room in between. Had breakfast, and started hoovering the living room, kitchen, hallway and stairs. This seems to have set off a chain reaction with Mike, who started to clean up our part of the 4th floor, and the sink. I ended with putting the rugs in the wash as well, and mopping the floor. That's a lot of work in one day.
--------------------------------------------------------

*Day 3. Day three since you've gone. Receiving your text this morning made my heart stop a beat. The most wonderful thing to wake up to, yet, the scariest. I cannot wait for you to get home, I cannot wait for all this time to be over. Time apart is good, but I can only imagine how painful it is for you, to be away. Something has been blocking my flow of emotions, but slowly, I am trying to melt this heart of stone. You said I've put up all these walls, so defensive, so unwilling to let go, and perhaps you know me better than I do. I can't help but analyze these emotions, maybe in concentration, I have lost the plot. The plot was to fall, wholly and effortlessly, and just do what my hearts tells me to. How can I do that if my heart doesn't know? I can only try to make sense of it all. But I remember your parting words, the morning you left- stop using so much of this (points to head), and use this (points to heart) for once, please. You pleaded with me, so what can I do, but nod, and try to do as you say? I can't verbalize all I feel, but as I said, I only have written words for you. Time apart. Two and a half weeks to go, before I see you again. So maybe my heart shouldn't rush.
-----------------------------------------------------------

'I've only known what it is to be lonely
When into my life, you came walking through
Can this be real, I don't know what I'm feeling
Ooh, there's something 'bout you

And I can't believe the way that you know me
You sense every mood, ooh you know when I'm blue
But here in my heart, ooh there's mixed up emotions
Ooh, there's something 'bout you

I never wanted anybody, and I won't start now
I never planned it, I don't understand it, so tell me what can I do
Don't turn away, ooh I think I'm still learning
Yeah, there's something 'bout you'

Bad Company- Something About You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home