Monday, September 27, 2004

Barely Scraping By

Okay, so I shouldn't complain because at least I have a roof over my head now. My own, and a place to sleep. I'm living 7 minutes walk from school, so that means I have an hour more to sleep in(hee hee). Camille and I found a two-room flat to live in, at the border of Peckham,and close to all amenities. The place is beginning to grow on us-it should, considering the amount we're paying every week for it(I don't even want to talk about it)I recently got my last paycheck from Hobbs, and thank god, it was a considerable sum. I'm thinking of re-applying with Hobbs, but only two of my friends are left working there. I hope I find a job soon, I could really use the cash! And I'd only re-apply if I'm dead desperate.

Everything else on the homefront has been okay, I'm still texting FJ(Farmer Jon, according to Halo, coz he lives on a farm in Newcastle, with the sheep,cattle,apple and orange trees.Ok, so I don't mind...), and we're still in touch, so that's positive, I guess.One small step at a time, aye? (: Warning: I may be slightly smitten with the cheeky fella, although, I am, constantly in love with Bublé!Haha!

So here it is, my new beginning, my fresh canvas. It's slowly getting stained with footsteps and colour, slowly but surely.It feels like I've never left, except that I've been moved around a bit.Shuffled, but not shaken. This new life I have to embrace, taking advantage of situations I used to let slip so easily before. Try everything, and basically there isn't much to lose.

With a new beginning comes a new anthem. So appropriate, I couldn't refuse. (:

Dreams- All Saints
'Here I go again,
Got a broken heart
This time I'll get stronger
No grieving till the break of dawn,
Ain't fallin easily no longer
Dreams I dream,
Will at last come true,
Skys will clear,
Leaving me bright and blue,
I will raise my glass to my heart and say,
"Here's to tomorrow not yesterday"
Here's not to dreams that don't come true,
Here's not to what was me and you,
Here's not to all the days gone by
Into the truth that lived a lie'






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home