Sunday, October 05, 2003

Late Nights

It's 11:22pm here, and I'm still awake. I realized that I've not been blogging for what seems like forever, but gimme a break..be a little patient, I'm trying to cope. These past two weeks (wow, has it been so long already?!) have been such a blast, and I'm settling down pretty nicely here. Weekdays are spent in school, doing manual drawings, which consisted of portrait and figure drawings (which I totally *suck* at), and the last drawings on friday were of perspective (*eughhhh*, can you feel my excitement...) Had my first lecture last Tuesday, a visit to the British Museum on Wednesday, and Whitechapel Gallery (which was horrid, really....luckily we didn't have to pay to get in) on Thursday, and weekends were spent with Michelle (this sg girl I met last August) and Esther ( Taiwanese living in Toronto), shopping.

London has the best flea markets, vintage stores and what have you. It's days like these that I totally not miss being in Singapore. Got myself a pair of black suede boots, and a sheepskin jacket which cost me like £25. It was a total steal. The three of us swear that next week we're totally off shopping, coz Michelle just can't seem to stop herself, so we're going on a picnic by the London Eye or some park next week. We're totally broke and tired...haha...but so far, not have run out of things to do here, which is GREAT!

Been eating in quite a lot, and it's nice to sit in the TV room and socialize after dinner(most of the time, more socializing than actually watching tv..). It's a nice feeling when you walk into a room and people actually recognize you and say hi. The atmospehere here is nice and cosy once you get to know everyone. I've been trying to pick up a bit of Japanese and French from the people in my hall (everyone comes from different parts of the world, it's so amazing), and a few of the chaps here are really hilarious. Esther and me just like spending our time after school mingling around the halls...we must be so bored, aye? Actually, it's just very fun, coz you'd never know who'd you meet....Michelle lives quite far away in another hostel.

They FINALLY fixed the macs at the halls, so there are two of them instead of one here. YAAYYYY!!!.... but everyone's still hogging in queue here. Gotta run. Will try to update soon. (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home