Friday, April 11, 2003

Blessings All Around

Gosh, you can't possibly IMAGINE the adrenelin rush I am having right now. I can't seem to stop fidgeting since this afternoon, when (amazingly) my colleague Dennis approached me about a proposal that he has been thinking about. Apparantly this guy (god, didn't I tell you that he's god-sent?!) has dreams of setting up his own shop, designing his own line of shoes and clothes. I don't know why he told me, or even mentioned it, as we've only known each other for the past few days, but we seem to have a lot in common (especially the love for everything from the vintage to the unusual), and he wants me to be a designer-cum-business partner! ANYWAY, the reason why I'm sooooooooo excited beyond words is because (for those who knew) I share the exact same dream.
And the more I think about it, the clearer the picture inside my head.

I've finally found my direction in life. I have always been depressed because I was always unsure what I was working towards, what the hell I was doing, and whatever for. I always knew it would ultimately lead to one thing, but the picture was always fuzzy. What is this "life-changing" realization, you ask(yea,yea,spill it already...)? It's the dream to be my own boss, to pick up skills to design my own clothes,shoes, and ultimately have my own shop! There, I said it. It feels like a huge load being lifted off my shoulders!
I do still want to get my degree, and at least now I know for certain the reason for doing it.
It's just like reaching enlightenment, only I'm not exactly calm about it!

I'm beginning to think that this whole delay before London *is* a blessing in disguise. I mean, look at it, I took so long to find this job. I didn't think I'd get it anyway, and look at the people I've met! Of all people, Dennis(!), and he's got all the right contacts for basically all the right people (press,magazines), a degree in marketing and the man can sew! What more is there?!!
It seems just too pre-planned, and it feels wonderful that things may just begin to fall into place.

Being the gung-ho person that he is, Dennis is probably going to go thru this business no matter what. It was the exact thing that was lacking in the plans me and my friends made.
I think he will be brimming with excitement tomorrow, I can already imagine the stupid grin on his face. He told me to think about it, and the more that I do, the more excited I get too!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I've *never* used that many exclaimation marks in my writings before, so, you can tell I am *that* excited).

Good god...all this crazy excitement...I need to breathe! (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home