Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Insect Attack!!!

I don't know what it is about my room that makes the tiny little green looking insects want to fly all the way up to the 8th floor, and reside on my ceiling, having some sort of convention. It was disgusting! I only noticed it about two days ago, while chatting to Esther, at 11:30pm. They were hovering everywhere, and it didn't make the least sense, since I didn't even leave food open on the table. Major action had to be taken - 1. Call Goncalo
2. Get dressed, to walk to Tooting Broadway to get insectiside.
3. Ask the fu**er of a security gaurd if he had any insect sprays (to which he looked at me as though I was wasting his precious time, him, just sitting on his fat ass)
4. Walked all the way to Budgeons to get the insect spray. Warm night, and I was highly irritable.
5. Got back, sprayed the room, sat downstairs with Esther for the next 15 minutes.
6. Got the hoover from the reception ( I was trying very hard not to whack the security gaurd with the end of the suction, out of hate)
7. Returned to the room, sucked out all the insects (dead AND alive), lit some incense, aired the room, and *try* to sleep.

Since then, I have been conscious of leaving my room window open. I am constantly paranoid that the annoying buggers would swarm in again the moment I turn my back. Have been sleeping with the door open instead, windows closed, and a small fan to let me breathe.

Cleaned out my room yesterday, trying to pack away my stuff, little by little. I threw out so much, and I try not to cling on too much rubbish.
A friend once said that cleaning out your room was like re-evaluating your life, you didn't know you kept such small bits of it, till you go through them carefully. Bits that you no longer identify with, you throw away. It's like a getting-to-know-youself-session all over again.

My room looks pretty much bare, but I'm taking my time to clean it out. I hate being pressed to rush it, besides, I still have about 13 days to do it! Saka came into my room yesterday, and she said it looks so different bare. It's like it's so impersonal. I guess here the detachment begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home