Thursday, May 20, 2004

Breezy Sunny Days...

Monday morning : Got to sleep at 5am, doing work with Luisa and Goncalo, woke up some hours later at 9am, and prepared to go to school. Panicked, coz I ended up being 5 minutes late, phoned Cassie to make sure that I could still make it for submission. Was shaking as I labelled my work, and happily left afterwards.

Was invited to the bar for a drink with my first-term group,and my favourite tutor, Peter Nenchini insisted we go. Saw Goncalo's finished book, and it didn't look half bad.
Hung around for awhile,and since we had time to kill before 5pm, went to Pizza Express at Charing Cross for some food, and sat around the fountain at Trafalgar Square.It was a hot day, so we took off our shoes and dipped it in the fountain. Went back to college at 4pm, and sat in the bar, being anti-social with just my Lee and Camille, and Sheila and Katie joined us later. Stayed till 8pm, and went home.

Tuesday : Woke up really excited, was going to Hyde Park with Camille and Lee for a picnic, so packed some food, ripped up an old pillowcase to lie on, got out my shades and a book. Lee and Camille were there for the purpose of tanning, but I just wanted to chill out. Sheila and her friend, Tessa joined us later, it was amazing they found us anyway, since the park is so huge! Took loads of goofy pictures, sabotaging each other, and just lying down on the grass and chatting,being stupid, and listening to the radio, which Lee brought...(till it ran out of battery, that is...) Went down to Sloane Square, paid Esther a surprise visit,and had gelato at an Italian place nearby. Camille couldn't resist the Nutella flavoured one, which looked a lil pale, but she bought it anyway, and I just had to try the Ferrero Roche, and Lee the wild berries. Dropped by Waterloo, to the London Eye, to visit Halo, whom I've not seen for days, and got some chilled ice-blended drinks on the house. Waited for him to end work, while Camille left for a boat party(which I refused to attend), and Lee went home to watch some telly. Got home with Halo, and watched 'Boys Don't Cry' on video. Depressing film.
It was a perfect day, anyway. (:

Wednesday : Just can't have enough of the picnic fun, so we had to organize another one...this time round, at the schoolgrounds, just 2 minutes from Furzedown. Got over-excited, and cooked loads- Camille made some Quorn with peppers (yummy!), and I made tomato rice and Bruschetta (which is perfect picnic food, but it didn't even make it past the first hour of the picnic). Goncalo bought the chips and ingredients, and Luisa had to bring the missing secret ingredient: A tub of Philadelphia cheese. Stuffed ourselves silly, watched Aeroplane (which, by the way, was TERRIBLE and overrated, thanks to *someone* we know...), met up with Sheila, grabbed a mat, and headed downstairs. There was another group on the grounds, and it was strange, because we didn't know whether to join them or not, and somehow it's really stressful when you have to think about things like these. We ended up isolating ourselves in the corner, and later joining the bigger group...I hate when it gets this way, because somehow I don't feel like I belong anywhere, or that I'm just paranoid, but it's amazing how I'm capable of being anti-social. Took a lot of pursuading to get us to move over, and I don't know whether I was being a pain for refusing to. I just had to bear and grin it, and try my best to mingle. It's annoying, because even I don't know which type of crowd I deserve to be in. Ended up staying for almost the whole time, till early morning, although I can't say there weren't any uncomfortable silences inbetween. Perhaps I have only myself to blame. Not drinking nor smoking, nor taking weed...which everyone else was doing, (well, besides Camille, but she left early), is hindering my chances to mingle.
Maybe I should just stay indoors more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home