Monday, April 05, 2004

Nasta: Slussen
(Next Stop: Slussen)

Slussen is the tube stop which was nearest to where we stayed while we were in Sweden. After five days enjoying the life and boat-hopping in the freezing cold, we've still not gotten enough. It was such a laid-back trip- we did whatever we wanted, took our own time, did some crazy things together and laughed out loud whenever we felt like it. The gush of excitement never ceased, be it good or bad (we almost missed our flight to AND from Stockholm, only making it by a mere 15 minutes grace each). The highlight of the trip, was of course, flying over the 14 islands of Sweden (or was it just Stockholm?) and looking out of the aeroplane to see the sea below beautifully frozen. Solid. And the waves looked like they were from a nature documentary, being stopped halfway in motion as though someone pressed the pause button on the telly. That was just how cold it was. There was falling snow almost everyday we were there, but it was just lightly falling, not the blizzard-thick kind. It was the most beautiful thing ever. It feels even more magical when you've had such a fulfilling traditional Swedish meal, and it's night time, walking past the colourful reflections on the surface of the water by the jetty, and there you are, walking back to the boat, in the snow. It was just so amazing. For once, I saw what each snowflake looked like, and I swear, they are all different. Some whimsical part of me felt it looked like tiny falling stars.

In Stockholm, you could walk pretty much to anywhere you wanted to go, because the distance between each station is so small, it didn't take that much effort. It was pretty nice weather ( it must me just me getting used to the cold), and I guess with good company, you don't really care. We went around looking for art supply stores, vintage stores, and just small little lanes of stores with knick-knacks from all over. Sweden's the place to be for design, and gosh, it was design heaven! All the shop fronts were immaculately done, the packaging for even the simplest of foods were obviously put through so much thought (I'm just not too sure about the taste), and the interior decor shops were just to die for. To my pals from IAD, this I have to say- you would have loved it there! (:

To write a blow to blow encounter of my days in Stockholm is just going to eat up so much space and time, therefore, I shall tell you guys about it when I go home. It was definately a well-deserved trip, and much needed. I had such a great time, I didn't want to return to London (*gasp**!!).

Ah well, that was about two weeks ago. Now it's just back to normal from here.
If, this is normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home