Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Something I found on poetry.com, surfing for poems, something which I have not done in such a long time.
I am losing a hold on the world filled with my words...
This was written by the lady mention on the bottom, and I thought it was an interesting way at looking at life, metaphorically.
Enjoy.

Life

The world is a tavern
The door is open wide -
All are invited
To enter inside.

We pay with a handshake
For wine and the beers
To bury away
Our worries and tears.

We dance to the rhythm
Of human hearts' beat -
The world is a tavern
Where all people meet.

The women's soft bodies
Ripe as a peach
The secrets of love
Are willing to teach.

Life is a tavern -
Before it closes down
Dance to the music
While you are in town.....

-Hana Gerzanic-Hons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home