Thursday, January 29, 2004

The White All Around

a view from my windowanother view from my window


It snowed again yesterday.
This time, for about a few hours,
I was, again, asleep, under my window.
And again, to wake up to find the rooftops and the sidewalks
Blanketed in pure white snow.
I ran down, putting my best waterproof clothes on,
But the fire alarm beat me to it
Ah,heck, at least I was warm anyway.
Had a bit of toast and hot chocolate before I left,
And headed straight downstairs with my friends, Luisa and Goncalo.
We were like children, happily frolicking in the whiteness
Threw snowballs that didn't clump,
but we threw it at each other anyway,
Forming alliances, changing alliances, depending on
our whim and fancy.
I lay down in a nice untouched bit,
And made a snow-angel, like I've always seen them do in tv
And lost my keys.
They found my keys, after trying to re-trace our steps,
My tiny footprints, and me on the verge of panic.
We adventured into the schoolyard, never being there before
Where the snow was so pure, so thick,
And the trees were laced with little balls of white.
As though they were bearing some kind of mysterious fruit.
It was beautiful, we tried to take pictures,
but our cameras got too cold.
We left, promising to come out again if it snows tonight.
Better prepared, and hopefully while it is snowing.
There can never be anything more mesmerising
than the experience of falling snow.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home