Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Nervous Breakdown

The day of reckoning is near.
My interviews for the degree courses are up sometime next week or so, and I'm such a wreck. Got shitloads of work, dunno how to compile them..and the money involved! Gosh...Just talked to my tutor today, and basically his suggestion is that I spend bundles of cash (yes, I *print* money in my free time..seesh) on proper sleeves for portfolio work. Geez. He was certainly no help.

Oh, and it snowed again briefly today...strange, it's supposed to be getting warmer, not colder..it was beautiful though, at least I wasn't asleep this time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep wanting to put this bit in, but I always forget...I should have added it to the previous entry. I know, I know, there's always the 'edit' button, but it's lost it's moment,..if you know what I mean?
But here it is anyway, it's a beautiful quote, from a fantastic movie:-

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me ... but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst ...

And then I remember ... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry ... you will someday."

Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey), in American Beauty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home