Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Week Of Gigs

Last Saturday, it was The Killers. The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened for them and they were a very good opening act, to my surprise. The Killers were AWESOME, performing for a whole two hours!!! I didn't think I would be too impressed, considering this was my first rock gig ever in my life...well, on this scale anyway, which was at a massive venue- Wembley Arena. Despite of myself, I found myself jumping around like everyone else rockin to Mr Brightside and all my other favourite tunes. It was such a great atmosphere, there wasn't one person I observed- male or female that wasn't singing along to the songs. After a week of stressing, it was a great release!!! Gosh, I wished I could go to all the other Killers gigs! Of course, the company I was with helped set the mood- Sam and Grant, who were also unashamedly singing along and jumping behind me. (: Oh, and oh...Brandon Flowers...... mmm.... d:

Then a few days later, there was James Morrison at The Hammersmith Apollo. Katrine, Sam and I agreed that given three months ago when we were all very much into his music, it would have made more sense to go. Now, three months down the road, we weren't as keen as before. And after The Killers gig, Sam and I agreed that nothing else could compare! BUT we did have a good time admist the annoying teenagers and shakey first support act (who, by the way, was a girl who played the guitar and sounded like James Blunt. Eeriee...). There was a redeeming factor to the gig, whose name was Newton Faulkner (http://www.myspace.com/newtonfaulkner). He's an amazing performer, who sings with as much passion as his guitar playing. The things he does with his guitar was just astounding!!! He is a one-man-band, delivering a touching cover of Massive Attack's 'Teardrop' after a sucession of his self-written songs and ending on a hight note with a the very convincing Spongbob Squarepants performance. (: He's 21, but he's so talented, I'm jealous!

Anyway, enough of that for now...that's as much excitement as I can take. Now's back to work for me. There's so much more to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home