Saturday, February 17, 2007

Delay

I waited for the 12 bus on Regent Street today for about half an hour, dying for a bite at dinner and out of the corner of my eye I spotted this guy who looked like Mr P. A thousand 'accidental' glances later (well, it *was* a long wait!) I confirmed that it couldn't have been him, though the similarities are uncanny. We ended up taking the same detour bus and I was sure he knew I was looking at him. Strange. I wasn't sure what I was feeling, surprise, anger, happiness, sadness? By the time the journey ended, I knew. I've been thinking about him a lot lately and it has been almost a year since our break-up. Shame. Some part of me apparantly stubbornly refuses to let go. A very small part, but substantial, nonetheless. Like an annoying voice that wouldn't go away. Doesn't help that he has been in touch after months of silence.

I managed to wedge in an explaination for the time being...mostly inspired by listening to The Killers (and momentarily infatuated with frontman Brandon Flowers). Tonight, while I waited for the bus that never came, I really felt like this song:
------------------------------------------------
The Killers- For Reasons Unknown

I pack my case
I check my face
I look a little bit older
I look a little bit colder

With one deep breath
And one big step
I move a little bit closer
I move a little bit closer

For reasons unknown...

I caught my stride
I flew and flied
I know if destiny's kind
I’ve got the rest on my mind

But my heart
It don't beat
It don't beat the way it used to
And my eyes, they don't see you no more
And my lips, they don't kiss
They don't kiss the way they used to
And my eyes don't recognize you no more...

For reasons unknown ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home